1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up my first Baer, a hard chrome thunder ranch special. I had the chance to trade for another TRS recently and turned an HK 45C that I wasn't using into another Baer.

This one is older than my other, it has been shot and maybe carried briefly, but has very little wear. As much as I love the look of the hard chrome, a part of me feels as though Baers just look right when they are blued (and with a hint of holster wear).

Here are some pics of the newest to me Baer, the Baer meeting its brother, and a couple of sweet looking boxes :supergrin:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sweet set of blasters there for sure. I love the TRS. Set up perfect out of the box, just the way I like 'em.

Thanks for the picture of the fancy boxes too.

Shoot them at the same time yet?

Enjoy~

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet set of blasters there for sure. I love the TRS. Set up perfect out of the box, just the way I like 'em.

Thanks for the picture of the fancy boxes too.

Shoot them at the same time yet?

Enjoy~
Ha! Not yet, but you know I will the first time I take them to the range.

I really like the setup on them with the exception of a three dot night sight. I am thinking about swapping the rear out for an all black Yam 10-8 sight. Other than that, they are the way I like them.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Beautiful!!!!! I would love a TRS, but I would need the ambi safety (lefty). As far as the 10-8 sights go, I have read GREAT things about them. I had my Fusion built with them installed. It was supposed to be shipped to me today, so I don't yet have it to tell you what I think of the sights. I certainly respect Yam's opinion though, and if he designed them, I bet they are gtg.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I can't wait to hear how you like your Fusion and the 10-8 sights...let us know.
I picked up the Fusion today:nuts: I LOVE it! The 10-8 sights are EXCELLENT! I have not shot it yet, but I love the sight picture, and the way they look on the gun. Do yourself a favor and get a pair. They are only around $35 and I think they will work with your current front sight. They should fit correctly in your dovetail as well, as I think the Baers have a Novak rear cut. Let us know what you decide on.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I picked up the Fusion today:nuts: I LOVE it! The 10-8 sights are EXCELLENT! I have not shot it yet, but I love the sight picture, and the way they look on the gun. Do yourself a favor and get a pair. They are only around $35 and I think they will work with your current front sight. They should fit correctly in your dovetail as well, as I think the Baers have a Novak rear cut. Let us know what you decide on.
Will do. Congrats!

Thanks for the feedback

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
They are both beautiful, congratulations.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks. I haven't been able to take the newest one to the range yet. I only have one other blued gun and have a question for those of you how are more familiar with them. I noticed the following marks on my TRS when I switched the grips out...should I be concerned? I'm also going to start a thread in the gun smithing section

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.