1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Holster #3. What is the cant?

If I get out bid on the #9 I will try for the #3.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Do you have nutritional info for the garlic BBQ; specifically the carbs per serving (and how much is in a serving)? Looks good, but I'm diabetic, so I need to check things out before I buy them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just so everyone knows, Item #7 has a throat band laminated in real Elephant hide. That stuff is abrasive resistant, beautifully textured, and NOT cheap. The color is called Sand, and it is kind of between cream and tan. This would look pretty darn cool with item #5, the ivory colored grips, so keep that in mind if you're looking for a nice BBQ gun. (and what's a BBQ gun without some nice BBQ sauce? Take a look at item #4 generously donated by GarlicGuy!)

Also, remember that I will not sell any stippled holsters on my website, so Item #3 is a one of a kind offer. If you like that holster, you better get it now because there won't be another one like it!

If you're curious about the construction of these holsters, let me break it down for you a little. Both of these holsters are hand cut from Wickett and Craig 8 oz. Leather, which has been hardened, sanded and pasted to my specs by the tannery (by the time this stuff gets to me, it is more expensive than horsehide, and in my opinion it also makes a nicer holster). After the pieces are cut out and individually dip dyed, they are pre-edged and sewn together with a locking stitch machine using #277 bonded nylon thread (extremely strong stuff which won't rot). Once the holster is sewn together, I case the leather in warm water (and a few extra penetrating agents), and initially shape the holster in a 12 ton press mold. After the holster has been pressed, I finish the shaping process by hand boning the final details. The holster is then cured at 115 degrees for 45 minutes, and finally air dried for up to a day. Once the holster is completely dry, the edges are trued up and refinished by burnishing them with wax. After that, the holsters are buffed and cleaned before applying a protective coat of acrylic sealant that helps repel sweat and moisture, and also adds a nice sheen to the finish.

If you guys have any questions about these holsters, don't hesitate to ask on this thread or by P.M. Remember, this is for a good cause so bid early, and bid OFTEN!!!:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I wish I could bid...but my wife won't let me...she says "You already got one holster ordered...how many can you get on your belt at once?"

I'm sorry...but I could not come up with a good argument for that...:hairpull:

Women...you cant live with them, and it ain't much fun without them either...:wink:

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
I would definitely be bidding on those two items if I carried right handed but since I am right brained (left handed) I have to bid elsewhere. They are extremely nice looking holsters though. And I have personally seen your work on some different holsters so I know the craftsmanship is excellent as well.

Good, no GREAT stuff!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
The auction is off to a great start!!! I would like to thank everyone who is bidding and only wish that I was in a better financial position at the moment to bid more and on more of the items!!!:smile::smile:

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
I wish I could bid...but my wife won't let me...she says "You already got one holster ordered...how many can you get on your belt at once?"

I'm sorry...but I could not come up with a good argument for that...:hairpull:

...:wink:
Tell her LT gets 2 .357 Mags in Boomstick holsters on the same gunbelt & you have the picture to prove it. :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

LT...that didn't go as planned.

I told her that, she said "Then you'll have to buy suspenders to hold your pants up because you ain't got enough butt to hold all that weight up"...:rofl:

What a woman...I have a cross draw holster ordered from Jeff, she let me have that one because she knows I need it for hunting, to get the gun on my left side away from my rifle slung on my right shoulder.

I think I'm gonna have to just sit back and watch this one.:redface:

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Suspenders ar OK too.

Dressed.

They are under the vest too.
Best friend CC ever had.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If this is anything at all like Ebay, the last few minutes of bidding will be fast and furious with people trying to outbid others on the auctions they're interested in, so make sure your last bid is your best. If I can't keep up with it, I'll just mark on my own where the 8:00 line is on my computer and then update the winners list from there. For obvious reasons, I won't be making any bids within an hour of closing time. Pretty good group here, I don't see anyone getting mad if they miss the bid line or get outbid by a buddy.
Bottom line is that participation and bidding has been great! The charity will have a nice amount of money to use to help those in need because of your efforts and generosity. Great job!
Sarge

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ryan, I have something for you {as a personal thanks} for putting this together. {no it is not an autographed picture of me} i think you would use for , well, it's usefull to you. when you get a chance for a breather, shoot me your mailing address please; Mick

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.