1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be the first to get my holster from the auction so here is a review.
The holster:
A right handed Commander length OWB 1911 holster for a 1 1/2" belt with a black throat and brown body. One of a kind! Donated by Jeff of Boom-Stick Holsters.

I tried & his picture is better than mine.

Workmanship is superb on this holster. The tooling is enough to catch the eye but not at all fancy to suggest a BBQ rig. On arrival it was extreemly tight on the gun & also the belt slots. I strung it on my RafterS Shark Belt Friday as soon as I got it open. Put the gun in it & let it set from Friday night through Sunday night afrer Church. In that time the holster has loosened up enough to comfortable draw the gun. I have worn it for a little over 2 hrs now & drawn several times. Excellent retention in the holster & still draws smoothly & w/o excess effort.
The forward belt slot is still very tight & will need some more time.
The double stitch is attractive & this is the first double stitch holster I have owned.
Belt slots are positioned for a 3:00 carry to have my Wrangler belt loop between the slots. A 4:00 carry will have the forward slot just behind the 3:00 belt loop. I like the positioning of the belt slots.
Comfortable, light yet strong, rock solid on the belt, attractive off the belt. This one just may replace my Tucker HF1 as daily carry for my Kimber.
3:00 on the belt.
Thank you Jeff for quality gear.:flag::wavey:

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Old, yes. Fancy, never happen. Country as a corn crib & wont ever get over it.:flag::flag:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thank you for the great review, Longtooth. Let us know how it handles after a little more use.

BTW, if you want a little more room for the front loop, try sliding a wooden ruler or a paint stirring stick in behind the belt after brushing a little bit of rubbing alcohol on the belt loop, and leave it for a few hours. That should take care of the extra tightness.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Beautiful holster. You got me on that one L.T. :biglaugh: I was watching my one year old daughter that night and didn't get to log on until she went to bed and the auction was closed. Glad you are enjoying the holster. I will have to actually go to the website to get a Boom-Stick.:wink:

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have 3 now & they are all excellent.
I have carried my 1911s in a Tucker HF1 for a long time. Kim (ber), my only lady side arm will go in this one now for daily carry.
Jeff is a great guy to talk too also. I believe his lead time is going to increase substantially over the next yr.

I did almost feel guilty for outbidding you on it. Someone outbid me on the Bluegrass though. I wanted one of his. My son bid on the grips I wanted so I would not bid against him. This was my only option.

Have a great day.
LT

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Old, yes. Fancy, never happen. Country as a corn crib & wont ever get over it.:flag::flag:
:rofl: Well said LT... I like that.

Sharp looking holster you got there...looks comfy too

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Really is & it is loosening up in the belt slots nicely after yesterday.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BTW, if you want a little more room for the front loop, try sliding a wooden ruler or a paint stirring stick in behind the belt after brushing a little bit of rubbing alcohol on the belt loop, and leave it for a few hours. That should take care of the extra tightness.

I have used alcohol before. It is starting to loosen up enough to slide. If it is still too tight in another 2 days I will let it set again over night.
LT

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.