1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having any problems with certain 9mm ammo being finicky? Any brands and grains shooting awesome with the Fusion 1911?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought a 9mm Commander kit and just got it to the point that I can fire it. Unfortunately I've not had a chance to get to the range, and it may be another week or two before I can.

I cycled some dummy rounds through it yesterday to see if those would work, and it looks like I need to tweak the extractor a little more, and I'm concerned the ejector may not be quite long enough. I won't know for sure on the ejector until I get some rounds through it, just a gut feeling right now. I'll post more once I get to the range.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just finished completing my Fusion 9mm. The only problems I had were with the mags and an Aftec extractor(way too much tension). After I picked up Virgil Tripp mags I don't have a single problem! I am absolutely pleased with it, won't look back(to my S&W 945). Especially for IDPA ESP. No reason to shoot a Glock or similar pistol. This ones got it all! 10rd grip length mags, 1911 ergomomics and accuracy!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been able to put about 300 rounds through mine now. In the first 100 rounds there were a few bobbles that I thought might be mag related. After the second outing, I now believe it was a matter of needing to be broken in. I went through 200 rounds without a single problem.

I was concerned about not having the ramped barrel. I still wish I would have ordered it, but at this time I don't believe the nonramped barrel is going to be a problem. I still need to shoot a few hundred more rounds before I can consider it broken in and trustworthy.

ETA: My Fusion built bobtail commander isn't to far away, maybe another 4 or 5 weeks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts