1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shortly after my knee replacement surgery I caught the flu & in 24 hrs developed pnumonia. I have been in pretty tough shape for nearly a week but God has granted me turn around now. My family Dr also had the flu at the same time & was not in the office. They sent me to one of our Urgent care Phycilities.

Thursday When I went to the Dr. I went prepared for shots & even X-rays. Sweat pants w/ large front pocket w/ snubby .38sp Ultra Lite in pocket holster to square it all up. Wife had her .32 KT.
No X-ray, no shot, listened to my chest & gave me a breathing treatment. Sent me home with RX.

Friday called them & told them the breathing RX was not working & would like to come in for another vapor mist treatment.
Come on in.
OK nothing yesterday so I get dressed & SP101 goes on my belt Friday. I could cover that w/ my elbow while they listen to my chest w/ no problem.
Different Dr reads my chart, asks a few Qs, & listens to my chest. Man you got Pnumonia too. I want an Xray & I am gonna give you a shot of antibiotic. With that new knee you cant afford an infection.
Seems like God has blessed me w/ Drs to talk to about CHL.
OK Doc. Arm or hip.
Hip man. This stuff will hurt too bad in your arm.
OK we need to visit. I have a Texas CHL & am armed on my belt today. To get to my hip I will have to uncover.
No deal. I have worked EMT & Emergency room a lot. We have a couple of nurses here, one has a husband & the other a dad on the Lufkin PD.
Nurse comes in w/ shot. I need your right hip.
Ok, Dr. told you about my CHL??
Yes just dont pull the trigger.:nonono:
Yes Maam. I promice.
Get redressed & go to Xray. She says the vest has to go w/ those snaps & if I have a necklace take it off. No necklace but my id pac is on a neck lanyard.
While she is getting set up, I take off the vest & unholster, covering it w/ vest.
Shoot first Xray & she say turn left side to machine & lift arms high above head.
Done.
Thank you Mr LT, you may put your gear back on.:wink:

Now I know that would probably not work where many of you are, but it is the way things should be.:flag:

·
Registered
394 Posts
First of all....let me wish you the best in your recovery. Pnuemonia is nothing short of a prelude to hell.

As to your visits to the health care services, I can only hope that someday we in Michigan will be able to have the same type experiences you`ve described, as hospitals and most hospital health care service buildings are part of the list of pistol free zones. We are getting a little closer to the abolition of these zones, but it`s by no means a done deal yet.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope the same for you. In Texas & am sure in Mishigan, ERs late at night are some to most dangerous places to have to be. Violence victims come there to be treated & OFTEN perpetrators come there to finish the job. Or bring home the battered so as not to answer any Qs. Real trouble errupts again.
Drs offices here are perscription thieft targets.
Criminals know where the gun free zones are.
Our state is not perfect either. We still need the schools issue attended, the Day Care, and the Church issue where there is a school. Couple more too.
We are making strides.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Dang son! You're sick! Be careful! Get some rest and take it easy.
Good to hear about your Doc being pro-gun.
Get well!

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I was. Never been this sick in my life. Thank you & today I am well on the road to full recovery.
Yesterday was my first back in the office & today was comfortable.
One more dose of medecine will finish it up. I can still tell I need the breathing treatments though.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I agree...as it should be...

Glad you're feeling better...I've had pneumonia 2 times...both long ago, but will never forget.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts