1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get several 1911 subscriptions----Guns&Ammo, Guns, Shooting Times, etc.

I've finally narrowed my AR-15 selection to having Black Rifle Works (located in Raleigh NC) build my rifle in a couple of months.

I need some suggestions on AR-15 type mags to read and learn from. Thanks in advance to the informed. Tracy

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Other than the Book of the ar-15 that comes out once a year I have never seen a strictly ar-15 type mag

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got the "Book of the AR-15". I was more looking for suggestions of whether to consider "Small Arms Review" or "Soldier of Fortune " style mags. Tracy

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I was never impressed with SOF maybe Swat or weapons for law enforcement but the good articles will be few far between

·
Registered
16 Posts
Most of those rags will try to talk you into buying a gazillion pieces of mall ninja crap you don't need that will make what should be a light handy rifle weigh almost as much as an M60 (MG or Tank take your pic.).

Your money will be better spent buying ammo to shoot in your AR, IMHO.

If you got questions I think a few of us here and on other forums I can recommend will be glad to help you out.

And FWIW, I've got no AR gear to pimp nor stock in any AR maker's comapny.:biggrin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts