1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently infected with the fever for one of those EBR rifles. Really like the Del Ton Product line and found some substantial discounts on kit gun pricing. Has anyone every purchased one of these kits. Would this be a fairly easy project to complete for a novice?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have used Del-Ton for a couple of builds. There have been no parts related faults, the service was very fast and accurate, and the folks that I dealt with on the phone have been courteous and patient.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I know the guy that runs Del-Ton, not personally, but know who he is, he is about 10 minutes from where I live. He started the business by himself, working a little bit at the time, and has built himself quite a business here in town. I've not heard anything bad about him, although I haven't bought anything from him. I found out he was doing this business after I got my EBR's

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you buy the upper already assembled then you don't really need any expensive specialty tools. Check out AR15.com in their "build it yourself section". Check the sticky on assembling your own stuff. It will walk you through the whole process.

A vice, barrel wrench, forend tool, reciever blocks, and the like are really only needed for assembling the upper.

A good set of brass drift punches is all you really need for the lower, as well as some other common tools like screwdrivers, allen wrenches, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.