Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
1911auto Supporters
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings and Hello, from beautiful LA :rofl:

I am a new 1911 owner after I vote on Tuesday, and wait my exact 10 days not one minute sooner, I can go pick up my brand new RIA GI.

I have been shopping and shooting rentals for the last month and half. Kimbers, Para's, S&W, SA, Colt I am sure I missed one or two. My girl and I shot over 1000 rounds shooting and finding what shot good, features, etc. Talking to friends that have 1911s, many suggested the Rock and I just happen to come across one and only one at a gun show two weeks ago. I couldn't pass it up.

Now I am trying to learn everything I can and also will be getting into reloading. I plan to shoot this a lot. I have a good indoor range about 5 minutes from my house. After I wait my mandatory 1 gun per 30 days in Kalifornia, I will add another 1911 for my girl.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Welcome

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Welcome to the board synergy.

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Hi Synergy, welcome. I hope you love your 1911 as much as we all do. If you have any reloading questions, feel free to ask. I've been reloading for many years, and have made enough mistakes to actually learn something. We both are lucky as I also have an indoor range very close to my house. I get to shoot several times a week. How much does your range charge? Here's my range: www.bullseyestl.com/

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Welcome to the forum Synergy!!!:smile::smile:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Welcome, great group of people here. Very helpful.

·
1911auto Supporters
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the welcome everyone...

I just picked her up this afternoon, came home field stripped her, light cleaning and then greased the rails, lubed a few wear points grabbed my range bag and hit the range with 500 230g WWB. In the past month or so I was shooting range rentals (kinda dirty) but using Kimber's Custom II's, TLE, SA Loaded & GI, Para SA and LDA, Colt, S&W. All trying to find what I liked.

I was impressed with tight grouping, using GI sights. I knew all the praise given the the RIA (Armscor) was true. I am quite happy with her and will buy a few more to keep her company, hopefully a commander and long slide.

Here are a few targets at 30 feet. I am still learning, so far I am happy. Each target 8 round mag.

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Looks like a winner! Will you leave the gun as is, or will you make any changes?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.