1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone with Bob, as he was the one who answered the phone. I was immediately impressed with BOB answering the phone, not someone who would forward a message to Bob or send me to his voicemail. More on that later.
I've never ordered a pistol of this customization level before and I admit, I was a little leary of the whole thing, but Fusions reputation for customer service and quality work and products got me to contact them for a quote. I sent Bob an email with what I wanted yesterday afternoon and this morning he had sent back a detailed quote of costs and a personal email to ME. Not a "this goes to everyone and I fill in the blanks" email. The last line was "Please feel free to contact me if you want to discuss this order or have any questions." Well, I put that to the test and that's when Bob answered the phone. My initial impression from the email was positive and when Bob answered the phone and sounded genuinely happy to talk to me, my opinion went up another notch. After talking to him about what I wanted and hearing the way he talked about not only what I wanted, but where Fusion as a company was going and what they wanted to do ("We want to bring the excitement back to the customer who wants a quality weapon"), as well as the lengths they are willing to go to to ensure that I as a customer am happy - well, my opinion is through the roof. The man took 10 minutes to talk to me and I hadn't even placed an order yet! That speaks volumes about how this company wants their customers to feel. In fact he told me that they refer to the customer base as "The Fusion Family". Bob certainly made me feel at home and secure in the knowledge that I would end up with a quality product that's the way I wanted it to be, and that I would be happy in the future. No run around, no excuses, just a weapon that I can be happy and 100% confident in.
Needless to say, they'll be getting my deposit and official order in the next week or so. If the pistol is as good as their service (I fully expect it will be) I suspect they will be building all my pistols in the future.
Thank you Bob, for your time and your positive and proactive business plan. I look forward to working with you!
Just the rambling opinions of a guy who is picky about who makes what he has and how it is done.
Sarge

·
Registered
747 Posts
I'm glad that you are having a positive experience with Bob. I have very similar feelings regarding all that you have stated. I too found Bob to be a refreshing change from the normal big business customer service. Fusion's customer service is definitely TOP NOTCH. I can't wait for my build to be completed. Also, you can't beat the price for the quality of firearm that they are building. I ordered a gun just the way I want it, with the parts that I specified, and it ended up being about $1000 (or more) less than a comparable Wilson or Nighthawk. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a Wilson or Nighthawk, but I can't afford one (I can't afford my Fusion for that matter). It is great that Bob and company will work hard to build a great gun to the customer's specs at a price that can't be beat, while at the same time giving the best customer service in the business (or any business for that matter).

·
Registered
331 Posts
I couldn't agree with you more. I've always found him to be a genuinely nice guy to speak with and willing to answer any questions I've had. Whether they the were about the Bobtail Fusion built for me, their parts, or just checking over my home build projects to make sure I didn't mess them up too bad.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You guys are just reinforcing my decision. Thanks.
I've always been a "from the case" kind of 1911 buyer and this is a whole new level for me. I'm glad I found this board and through it you guys helped me find Fusion. I'm excited! At least I'm gone for training for 5 of the weeks of build time, that will make it go a little bit quicker......I hope.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sarge,

Here is the good news...That level of service continues throughout the entire build process. My gun should be here in a few days, and I don't believe I could have had a better experience. I will be placing another order as soon as the double-stacks are lined out.

Bob and Dale are class acts. In fact, if my gun shoots half as well as it looks, I am going to have Bob's likeness tattooed on my...well...bobtail.

Andy

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
WOW!! Thanks to all of you in the Fusion Family for your very nice comments!!
We are always there for you all!!
Thanks again,
:smile::smile::smile:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got Bobs e-mail from a friend at work. I asked about a gun, already on the shelf, ready to go. He answered every question, sent me pics, and always, ALWAYS implored me to call if I had any other questions. Needless to say, I will buy that one and others. Good stuff!

Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.