1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am 63 this year, have diabetic retinopathy with a hold in my central vision from al the lazer surgeries in my master eye....so I need sights I can see and that have three dots...Champions are great...called NightHawk and told them my problem with my Talon 2 and mentioned that I had two other guns (Kobra Carry Brown and a Sentinel Wilson)...they said...send us all three slides and we will fix them up for you....amazing...especially when I had my dealer call Brown and told them the Kobra shot 6 inches low and threw the empties back into my face and they could have cared less....to hell with them...Hallelujah for NightHawk....above and beyond the call of duty...

·
Nighthawk Custom Representative
206 Posts
Call me with any questions and I will give, get or find an answer for you. Thank you for calling us and I wish the best to you.

Reactions: euro

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nighthawk set up my Talon to shoot 4 inches high at 15 yards which for the way I hold the BobTail means it hits darn near dead on. End of complaints.
I just wish they had had an adjustable sight so I could change bullets...I would like to shoot 200gr JHPs of which I have a case from Fiocchi...but so be it. All my other 1911s have arched MSHs...which gives me the POI I need.
Champion has offered to help me with an adjustable they make for the Talon..I may still go that route...but need to shoot this more before I decide further...I suspect I will just use this as a bed stand gun and put 230 JHPs in it and forget about it...and order another Talon but with an S&A mag well and the arched MSH and Champion adjustable sights which I can get from Champion and send to NightHawk along with my order. Which means I will be dumping the Brown Kobra Carry....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dumping the BpbTailed Talon as well. Ordered new Talon with adjustable sights and S&A arched main spring housing mag well....done in Black Diamond.
Just can not shoot bob-tails the way I want to. But am fan of NightHawk customer service....great folks...that is why I reordered this Talon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Glad to hear positive remarks about NHC service! One of the reasons I'm considering the Talon II Bobtail!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got a Nighthawk Predator II bobtail that should be here any day now. Their custom service and overall coolness factor in conjunction with their superb workmanship on the Talon I had made me go with them.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Congrats, post some pics when you get it please.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I also recently sent my 10mm talon back for minor work as well as a diamondblack finish. great service, quick turnaround, kept me in the loop several times via phone calls. great group and will buy another soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.