1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I have not the only calibers i have on the list are 30-06 and 300 mag and not enough loads yet to switch i use 19 and 22 a lot

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
That list is only the loads that Alliant has tested for so far...it should be a GREAT powder for the 223 Remington...Reloder 15 is good for 223 but its just a little too fast for heavier bullets (over 62 grains)...and Reloder 19 is too slow.

The Reloder 17 should be similar to BLC-2...but more temperature stable.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
223 and 243

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Let us know how you like it for 223 i use H335 for that .. but always look for something better when powders come out ..

I didn't see 223 listed on the chart though

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let us know how you like it for 223 i use H335 for that .. but always look for something better when powders come out ..

I didn't see 223 listed on the chart though
Have you tried Reloder 15...its more temperature stable and gives higher velocities...at least in my experience it does, its also MUCH cleaner shooting.

223 will be on the list when Alliant gets around to doing their tests...a few guys over on m4carbine have been anxiously waiting for Alliant to release this powder...it should be perfect for the 75 grain bullets in 223.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I havent noticed 335 as being that dirty in 223 And usually dont shoot the AR much in winter 25 yards in doors not much point other than to sight in

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I havent noticed 335 as being that dirty in 223 And usually dont shoot the AR much in winter 25 yards in doors not much point other than to sight in

I see your point...but if you try Reloder 15, you will notice that the H335 is dirty...I'm not knocking H335, it works just fine, tried and true...but all ball powders are dirty...

Many of the serious National Match shooters use Reloder 15 because of its better performance and cleanliness.

I'm not a National Match shooter...but I like pinpoint accuracy if I can get it...and I hate scraping crud out of an AR bolt carrier. Also the fine residue left in the upper receiver, along the rails that the bolt carrier rides in, can cause increased wear to the upper.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
once i run out of whats loaded ill try reloader 15 then .. that about 3k rounds though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.