1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure everyone has heard about the global warming controversy - Whether it's man made or a natural occurring event. Ol' Algore even won an Oscar for his movie about it. Well, it turns out that some of the footage in his prize winning film was fabricated!:eek:
Article

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
That suprises me.....not.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
“Speaking of Vice President Gore, I’m sorry to relate that he’s a little bit sore at me. He’s convinced that on global warming, I just don’t get it. But lately with every passing day the evidence has been catching my attention. I have no doubt, none at all, that we are in the midst of a global warming, or, as I prefer to call it, spring. And I don’t want to sound like an alarmist, but it’s going to get a lot warmer before it gets cooler.†—Dick Cheney

·
Registered
122 Posts
As a scientist, it bothers me that people can't get away from the same superstitious nature that allowed for trials by fire in the courts of the 9th century Europe. We have cell phones and rockets going to the reaches of the solar system and back but we still believe in things that have no logical basis behind them.

Every scientifically legitimate conclusion must be based on a controlled experiment. Say we have a warming earth. Now, say we claim that the warming is caused by human activity. For this claim to be true, there must be a what we call a negative control - an earth in the same orbit, being warmed by the same size/temperature star that has no human presence. If the warming does not occur on that "negative control" planet while every other factor stays the same, then we can attribute global warming to human activity. WE HAVE NO SUCH CONTROL. In the absence of such scientific evidence human caused global worming is nothing but a superstition and it pisses me to no end that there are people who would destroy the western civilization and our way of life for a baseless superstition.

And does it ever occur to the globalwarmingists that if it is the fossil fuel derived CO2 that is causing the warming, then this very CO2 MUST HAVE BEEN PRESENT IN THE ATHMOSPHERE AT SOME POINT IN THE PAST TO BEGIN WITH! It was here all along!! And the earth survived. In fact life thrived better with more CO2 in the athmosphere! Plants grow better with higher CO2 - that means more crops. Warmer temperatures mean that areas like Siberia and most of Canada and even Antarctica will finally be fit for human life. And we'll need every acre we can get if humankind is to continue to thrive.

It's amazing how mankind, separate from the design of God, manages to screw up and turn on it's head "every good gift and every perfect gift from above".

rant over

·
Registered
331 Posts
Agreed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Isn't he the same guy that invented the Internet just about 10 years ago???

Oh, I'm sorry, he was just taking credit for something that was originally created as ARPANET back in the late 60’s and really matured as a result of the work by DARPA in the 70’s.

But I digress, Al is not only "the one" who was able to factually present the problems of Global Warming, but was also the Father of the Internet so we should all listen to what he is saying without question or independent thought. Any facts that indicate he would introduce anything into his work that is not 110% truthful should be ignored as they may lead one to actually think and come to conclusions on their own rather than follow with blind faith.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I just picked up this tidbit from Partiot Post:
“[Al] Gore’s new climate-change campaign calls itself ‘We,’ as in ‘wecansolveit.org.’ But its focus is not on how We can reduce our greenhouse gas emissions now. No, it focuses on how We can tell others how They should think about global warming.

We’s focus is not on what We can do to reduce emissions, but what We can do to get Them to walk and talk in lockstep with the crowd. So when you click on ‘We are Succeeding,’ you don’t read about how entire towns have begun to carpool or that Hollywood biggies are giving up private jets to save the planet.

No. For the most part, success is tallied by a convert count. As in: ‘Thousands Urge the Press to Ask Questions on Global Warming,’ ‘Stunning Response to Calls for a Global Treaty,’ ‘State Department Feels Public Pressure in Run-Up to Climate Conference.’ Then again, the global warming movement always has been more about symbols and professing belief than results.” —Debra Saunders
And so it goes...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Good point. Indoctrination of the public mind is the strength of liberalism. Evidence becomes uncomfortable and irrelevant when everyone and their brother believe some concocted lie. Not to hijack this thread, but I think public schooling was one of the worst things that happened to this country. We ended up giving control of our children to the very entity that the constitution tries so desparately to restrain. Notice that most of the damage to the constitution was done after the institution of public schools, notice also that we have greater rates of illiteracy now (~20%) than we had at the time of the revolution (3%) when no state run schools existed.

If there was one single thing that could truly change the course this country is headed in, it would be putting education on a competitive basis where you would have a right to use all of the taxes that are raised for education on your behaf towards the school of your choice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts