1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1911auto Supporters
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to know how many SP are out there? I know that the name has change over th years Air Police, Security Police and the now Security Forces. I was Security Police in the 80's. How many?:flag:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just wanted to know how many SP are out there? I know that the name has change over th years Air Police, Security Police and the now Security Forces. I was Security Police in the 80's. How many?:flag:
RAF Bentwaters I see? When? If it was the 80's, we know each other.....

EDIT: Just went and checked your profile -- not only do we know each other, we were on the same flight and are drinking buddies...... My user name tells you all you need to know. When I saw your user name, I wondered if it was you....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Air Police From 12/1/65 to 10/1/85. 3 years Base Police @ Lackland, 20 months @ Wheelus AFB, Libya when Quaddaffi took over, then to Maxwell AFB, Al. Two Tours in Thailand-Ubon and U-tapoa (Town Patrol both places) back to Maxwell both times. (In country SEA 8-71-12-75 w/ 6 month break. BTW-Got VA approved for Agt Orange out of Ubon and U-Tapoa-check it out.

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is quite an old thread, almost 6 years old, but I was in the Air Police 1957-1961. Schilling AFB, Kansas, Thule AB, Greenland, Mildenhall AB, England, 2 years Nousseur AB, Morocco. During those years we carried 1911's, mostly old WWII Colts, and M-1 Carbines.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.