1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing can happen there & especially w/ the Preacher there.
Yea right.

Mowed the Prairie Chapel Mission Church yard this morning. That takes 2 of us about 2.5 hrs.
I then went to Jubilee, our Home Church. I got out of my truck & one of the Diboll PD Officers pulled in the parking lot. Not unusual,They & the Counstable are pretty regular & we visit a lot.
PD - You gonna be here a while.
Me - Yes sir. Take about 3.5 hrs to do this one since the ditch is wet from the rain.
PD - Just tried to serve a felony warent & he jumped out of a window & ran off. Could not catch him. He ran across the church lot by the woods line. If you see him give us a call please. He wont show up if I stay around in the patrol car. He gives me a discription.
Me - Yes sir. I get the # & program it in my cell so I dont have to use 911. I go to work getting a few low hanging branches cut off that were in the way last time.
About 15 minutes & the suspect runs back across at the same place. I am about 15 feet from him & speak. Hey, how you doin young man. Fine & kept running. Called them & here come 2 cruisers, the counstable, an unmarked pickup, (probably personal vehicle) & a personal SUV. Counstable & 2 guys in the unmarked personals flush him out & the chase is on. He jumps a fence right across the street from the church, back over it into the front yard & the 2 there are after him. All 3 LEOs & the suspect are really getting tired. From flush until now has been about 3-4 minutes. All are running all the time. Suspect hits the street & the Counstable has come around the fence & makes first contact. They take him down in the street at the corner of our church property.
There are no "GOOD" neighborhoods any more.
If I had been guessing this morning when I left the house I would have never guessed today. Thus my signature.
Will watch the Police Report in the paper for the next few days.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Wow,glad they got him.

"Carry 24-7 or guess right." Sure it's easy to slack off. You never really think it's gonna be today. If you knew,you'd stay home!

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Glad it ended peacefully...

Be prepared...and I'm sure you were. :smile:

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad it ended peacefully...

Be prepared...and I'm sure you were. :smile:

Stay ready to keep from having to get ready. (see my signature) For length of post I did leave out part of the conversation w/ the officer. He told me felony warrent. While we were talking one of our members walked up. He was hearing it all & the discription.
I told the officer "It wont make any difference in what I do but want to know what I am dealing w/ if he does come through. I know you cant tell me what he did & I dont care. I do want to know violent or nonviolent."
He said, violent.
OK be assured they are all welome in our church.(only a few of our folks are uncomfortable w/ that but it is because they are afraid & not because they dont want "them kind of people here.")
Told the officer If he comes back, I have 1st shot at him & will talk to him about the Lord, accountability, repentance & faith.
He said, "He sure does not think he is accountable but you need to call us."
I will but if he stops he will not stay if I pull my cell phone out. I will call you immediately as soon as as contact is broken. I have programed the direct # in my cell so I dont have to go through 911. During this part about here the member says it is time for him to go home & lock his doors.
Little more conversation & Steve leaves, I go to work & it is about 15 or 20 minutes when he comes back through. Would not stop or even slow down.
Pray for him. He is 21 & his life is in this kind of mess.
Might add me & the church to that list too. We all know criminals aint the brightest star in the sky, but, it aint gonna take Dick Tracy to figure out who turned him in.

See you in print.
LT

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Stay ready to keep from having to get ready......

Might add me & the church to that list too. We all know criminals aint the brightest star in the sky, but, it aint gonna take Dick Tracy to figure out who turned him in.
And keep an eye on your back trail my friend.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I got you covered...:gun;:gun3:

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did let everyone in the church know what happened. We went over our threat response plan again. All the "Greeters" in their places of responsibility. The members to know how to respond & get out of the area.
The telephone caller responsibilities.

All is clam at this time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.