1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
A venerable name in firearms. Hopefully the quality of these will live up to it.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Even though it says Made in USA on their website, I sent an Email to them to find out the details:

My Email:
I have an interest in your 1911 pistols. On your website it states that these are made in the USA. Does that mean that they are assembled in the USA from foreign parts or that the parts are also made in the US?

Their response:
"I am told they are made in the US. That is what we are told and we are not given any further info. We do have a manufacturing plant in the states but I dont know what parts are made here and what parts overseas if any. I do know that the first 200 are made in the US, and the remainder are being made over seas completely. So the first 200 will be more rare."

·
Registered
7 Posts
Greetings All,

An update on this thread. Here is an excerpt form the Iver Johnson 1911 page, http://www.iverjohnsonarms.com/3001/3052.html

We currently have 6 different model 1911's available. They are all 1911A1 style, except they do not have the rounded backstrap. They have a steel, flat, serrated backstrap. They do have the finger relief cut in the frame near the trigger guard. There are 6 models pictured below. Our 1911's are completed in the Philippines by Shooters Arms Manufacturing, but they are made to our spec and our design, using our parts.

As of now, the guns are available through RSR, and we also sell dealer direct.

·
Registered
3 Posts
just got one of these...Very nice fit and finish tight gun ,shoots great lots of fetures you get on semi custom guns in fact I would say this is a semi custom Iver Johnson is being brought back by the folks from Essex arms with there parts and assembled by hand in the philippines fit and finish is as nice as ive seen from any manufacture. very impressed for the price. I got the Hawk Deluxe mirror polish commander model all steel including MSH and Trigger

·
Registered
74 Posts
Even though it says Made in USA on their website, I sent an Email to them to find out the details:

My Email:
I have an interest in your 1911 pistols. On your website it states that these are made in the USA. Does that mean that they are assembled in the USA from foreign parts or that the parts are also made in the US?

Their response:
"I am told they are made in the US. That is what we are told and we are not given any further info. We do have a manufacturing plant in the states but I dont know what parts are made here and what parts overseas if any. I do know that the first 200 are made in the US, and the remainder are being made over seas completely. So the first 200 will be more rare."

This is a very interesting response to a simply stated question. Who ever responded doesn't know anything about the operations side of the business.

·
Registered
3 Posts
well mine is under 200 so I guess it was made in the usa.whoever did it did a great job.but it does have S.A.M Philippines on the dust cover BUT is way nicer than any S.A.M.s Ive seen before.Theres just not much info on these guns thats why I was posting about how nice it was on here.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
If it says S.A.M. philippines on it then it was not made here, possibly the first 200 were ASSEMBLED here but I would not go by what someone in customer service says.

When CZ first got Dan wesson and the parts had changed I called DW customer service and they said DW made all of their own parts which was/is not close to being correct.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
It's pretty sharp looking. Is that yours bac? If so how would you compare it to an RIA?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.