1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to thinking last night, while surfing thru a few other forums, that as new gun/1911 owners join our forums, many don`t know what all of our acronmys stand for. I know that I sure felt stupid and frustrated in trying to learn the lingo. So I was wondering if we might be doing newcomers a better service if we developed a "Sticky" with all of the different acronyms that we use and don`t think twice about anymore.

·
Registered
49 Posts
That's an excellent idea. While I think I'm familiar with most of them, every now & then a "strange" one comes along. Also, some common ones may actually need a definition understood by everyone. For example, "FTE". Is that failure to extract or failure to eject?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
That would be a great idea!!!!

One thing that really puzzles me is the text message lingo that also goes on!!!! I am not familiar with a lot of the phrases!!!!:rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Ok who wants to do it and ill sticky it

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I`ll be honest...I was hoping hat someone with some real knowledge would volunteer. I`m still rather new to the whole game and not real keen on ALL of the terms myself yet.:nuts::crazy:

G

·
Why don't we all contribute and then Bud can get rid of our signatures and combine our posts? I'd do it, but I don't know if it'd be in a forum where I have Modship.....

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
I'll get one started in the Announcements forum,one of you Admins can sticky it and keep merging the posts as we add to it.

Announcements should maybe have How-To added to it. Just throwin' it out there.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Works for me ..

you want the it to be Annoucncements/ How TO's?

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts