Acquired an R1S | 1911 Forums at 1911Talk.com

Acquired an R1S

Discussion in 'Remington 1911' started by warbird1, May 6, 2014.

1. warbird1

warbird1 Active Member

Previously had one and traded it for a Ruger SR1911. Still have the Ruger and love it but couldn't get the Remington out of my mind. Found another one at $675 plus a rebate is going on for $75 off on a new one. Long story short I now have one again. Absolutely a beautiful gun.

2. VSAdmin

VSAdmin
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Post up some pictures?

3. warbird1

warbird1 Active Member

I can take pictures. Posting them is another matter entirely. Never have figured that one out

4. earlytimz

earlytimz Member

Like an old friend returning home... Congrats!

VSAdmin likes this.
  5. VSAdmin

VSAdmin
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Go into the gallery and create a new album and at the bottom there is an upload photos... or add them as an attachment in your posts. This new software makes it MUCH easier then the old software :)

6. Rick D. USN Ret

Rick D. USN Ret New Member

I just put one on layaway myself. Same price.

Attached Files:

7. warbird1

warbird1 Active Member

Took it to the range yesterday. As to accuracy it was dead on accurate. Ran 100 rds of Federal Champion through it with mixed results. Had some failures to fully eject. Tried a box of Hornady FTX JHP 200 gr and had zero problems. Next time out will try a different brand of practice ammo as I suspect the Federal and not the firearm at this point. Love the Remington even with the trigger bite. :D:D:D

8. VitalStatistic

VitalStatistic New Member

Picked up my R1S a few months ago - have run between 700 and a 1000 rounds thru it already - of all my handguns, it's my favorite to shoot - just love shooting a 1911. Liked it so much, I went on a limb and bought a Sig Sauer 1911 RCS as well. I shoot at least once a week and have found I'm leaving my Walther and Springfield .40s at home in favor of shooting the 1911s. Still having the occasional FTF with the Remington, but believe it's the ammo - not the gun - have been shooting mostly Fiocchi 230 gr FMJ thru it with the occassional JHP mag with no issues. Had some issues with Winchester white box FMJ and PMC 230 gr FMJ. Bought some Wilson Combat 8 rd mags and they run much better than the Remington factory mags. Like the accuracy and lack of significant recoil with the Remington. A bit more recoil with the Sig 1911, but it's a 4 in barrel "commander" version. Both are a blast to shoot.

9. warbird1

warbird1 Active Member

Hard to beat a Sig 1911. Sold my Ruger and added a Sig 1911 Nickel Rail to the mix.

10. VitalStatistic

Warbird,
    How do you like your Sig 1911. Unfortunately, had to send mine back to Sig after just 3 weeks. The slide was rubbing so heavily against the barrel at the chamber and sticking that I was having a failure to return to battery or two out of every mag. Hopefully they get the problem resolved, but am very disappointed in Sig QC at this point. However, am very happy to report that my R1S is purring like a kitten now that I have a little over a 1000 rds thru it. Rarely ever have a malfunction. I fired a buddy's Ruger 1911 SR Commander's model last week and was truly impressed. Makes me a bit frustrated that I passed on a new one of these for the Sig 1911 RCS at the same price. Really liked that Ruger. Oh well, hope Sig Repair comes thru.

11. warbird1

warbird1 Active Member

Sorry about the delay in my reply. As to my Sig 1911 it has been outstanding. Nothing but a big grin after I fire it. It functions just as well as it looks. Have you gotten your Sig back?

12. VitalStatistic

My Sig is due back this afternoon. Great turnaround on the service, but waiting to see how they resolved the problem. Will report back as soon as I can get it out on the range for a checkout.

13. VitalStatistic

Got my Sig 1911 back from repair yesterday and took it to the range to verify the repairs. Said they swapped out the slide, extractor, and grip safety - not sure why the grip safety, but go figure... Fired 70 rounds of PMC and Remington 230gr ball ammo thru it from both factory mags and it ran flawlessly. Hope all is well with it now. Have to give Sig Service a thumbs up - turn-around was fast - even if it did cost me over $50 to get it repaired (gas to drive 100 miles round trip to drop off and pick up from FedEx facility, cost of shipping materials, 2 hours off work to be home to sign for it and darned if the FedEx driver came 2 hours early yesterday - before I got home, so had to drive back to FedEx facility last evening to pick it up from there)

14. warbird1

warbird1 Active Member

Good to hear it's back and running good. :)