1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.timesnews.net/article.php?id=9010257

A few facts that the link does not mention...he shot the wrong man (he shot the guy standing next to his intended target)

And it is gang related.

We go to that WalMart often (my wife worked there for 7 years)...they let teens hang out in the parking lot, I always figured no good would come from that.

My ex wife was the paramedic on duty when this happened...single gunshot wound to the back of the head...from about 180 yards away.

There have been plenty of people to get killed for stupid reasons around here over the years (drugs, women, money, etc.)...but this is the first like this. A person would look kinda "suspicious" if he were employing counter sniper techniques to get to the front door of WalMart.

I know all too well that there is no defense against a sniper unless you know you are being "hunted"...kinda makes you think.

The chances of my family or myself becoming a target of these dimwits is next to nothing...but it still makes you think...because the shooter in this case has not been caught yet. He's still around here somewhere, armed and dangerous (and probably close to getting desperate).

All that probably sounds kinda paranoid...but I'm not, I'm just thinking out loud I guess.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Wow Ridge. That's messed up. Snipers at Walmart?

There's always some scuffles around here at the malls and other parking lots where the disadvantaged youths congegrate,but they haven't upped their gear to rifles just yet.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
No shooting yet at our WM but have had a bad knife fight about 2yrs ago. Again 2 rival gang members.

I tell folks all the time. WalMt is not the safe shoping place they want you to believe it is.
Stay alert & read my signature.

Zero stay alert & keep working on CC in Ill.:flag:

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
I am lucky very few stores have signs up and I go everywhere packing. If they have a sign up I go to a different store. I will not be a victim. I carry in condition 1 and have 2 extra mags on me, that I hope I would never have to use.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That makes 2 of us ReconVic...Always armed and alert.

Just not used to snipers at WalMart though...I'm not sure how much of a "defense" my 1911 would be against that type of threat.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Makes 3 of us. Always have my 1911 with 2 extra mags and a S&W J frame in front pocket. I also just started carrying my Sig P-229 DAK .357sig with 2 extra 12 round mags for a total of 37 rounds of .357sig and 5 rounds of .38 sp +p. My cop buddy doesn't even carry that much when he is off duty. If he carrys its his P3 AT.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UPDATE:

They caught the shooter last night...he was out cruising town like all the other teens do on weekends, still in Rogersville....Somehow I doubt that they will ever find the weapon.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well at least they caught him. One more POS off the streets.
Maybe ...maybe not.

Without a weapon...he just might walk right out of there in the end, I've seen it happen before.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Another one...just happened.

This time it was in a Long John Silvers parking lot in Kingsport...what ever happened to the "quiet country life"???

·
Registered
60 Posts
Makes 3 of us. Always have my 1911 with 2 extra mags and a S&W J frame in front pocket. I also just started carrying my Sig P-229 DAK .357sig with 2 extra 12 round mags for a total of 37 rounds of .357sig and 5 rounds of .38 sp +p. My cop buddy doesn't even carry that much when he is off duty. If he carrys its his P3 AT.
That makes 4 of us. I always carry, and with 1 extra magazine.

:flag:

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Another reason to hate Walmart.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I simply pack and keep my mouth shut. It is my life, and I'll be damned if someone is entitled to walk up and "snuff out my life" at their leisure and convenience. I am the sole guarantor of my life and safety.

It is as simple as that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Around here, the Walmart parking lot is rather crowded; I'm concerned about 'collateral damage' if I ever have to use a firearm to defend myself there. I suppose a very close-quarters shot would be the least likely to go astray...:thinking:

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Make four of us. Champion Loaded, w/ spare mag. think I'll go back to carrying 2.

I think the quote from Clint Smith applies as well to mags as it does to guns..."1 is none, 2 is 1, and 3 is better.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.