1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A New Fusion Scout is born for Jay.
Fusion Scout in 45 acp with ION BOND DLC finish.
Sweet Iron….:smile::smile::smile:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Range report!!

Well, my scout arrived on the 18th and I was at the gun shop waiting for it when it arrived. I bought 1 box of CCI Blazer Brass .45ACP on the way to the range and after firing 50 rounds with my 11 year old son, and two of my buds, I am very, very pleased with the results. The first 8 rounds I fired were at 30 ft and were in a group the size of a lemon. Equally as accurate from 40 ft(Range Limit). Recoil was very manageable. My son said it was less than my ruger .380! I'd agree.

First impressions of the gun were just as expected. Fit and finish are far superior to anything I have used or seen lately. Not to say that if you go spend $3000 on a Wilson or some other high end gun you wont find the same or better in some cases. That being said, I am into this gun for half of that and I am truly impressed with the value and accuracy.

The ion bond finish was worth the extra cash and I think should be standard-why even bother with parkerizing, blueing, etc. Unless you want the stainless finish, Ion Bond is the way to go. It feels smooth as glass to your fingertips too. Really nice stuff!!

When I got home grinning from ear to ear, I was anxious to take the gun apart and clean and inspect. First of all, I have never ever taken a 1911 style pistol apart before. So against everything men believe in I read the directions. As I followed along, I realized that the gun is a bit more complex than most double action handguns that I am familiar with. After saying WTF a few times and following along in the directions, I had a pile of 1911 parts in front of me and began inspecting and familiarizing myself with them. After spending a little time doing that, I cleaned and lubricated and re-assembled the gun. It was a bit tricky and the hardest part was putting in the recoil spring without losing an eye. Now that I've done it i'm fine with it, but the gun is very, very tight,(good thing) and it doesn't just come apart like a production gun. Again I did not know that so I was constantly feeling like I was doing something wrong. I wasn't, I was just unfamiliar.

I ordered this gun with high expectations and not knowing much about 1911's. I must say that my overall impression has been awesome, from the gun to the customer service, to the build time(8 weeks or so for a scout). Been a pleasure working and talking with Bob, and I may order a bobtail commander sometime after the holidays as a carry gun!!

If you have any doubts, rest assured, they are a first class operation putting out a first class 1911. Well worth every penny.

Happy shooting!!
Jay:flag:

·
Registered
747 Posts
Jay, congrats on your first 1911. You picked a winner my friend. I think like most, you too will find the 1911 platform to be your new favorite. The ergonomics are great and they just seem to be easier to shoot well than any other center fire pistol. I am anxiously awaiting my Fusion which is presently being built. Have fun with your new toy, and keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Glad to have you in the 1911 circle. You did a really good job on the review.

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the super comments!!!:smile::smile::smile:
We work very hard to please!
Thanks again for all your support!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.