1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm having problems getting my DW Razorback to feed Doubletap Ammo's 200 and 215 grain Beartooth loads without the slide prematurely locking back before the mag is empty. I'm familiar with how to adjust my slide stop (Greider) and did so this weekend using a flat mill file and emery paper. I've actually gotten rid of all the premature slide locks with ALL other rounds but still can't get them dang wide nosed Beartooths to run reliably, even after installing Wolff XP mag springs. Mind you, I'm using a 5" gun...... BUT .... what I'd like to know is if anyone has actually gotten these loads to run without premature slide lock backs.

Please don't respond unless you have firsthand experience with these loads. I'm curious to see if I just haven't taken off enough metal on my slide stop or what. I'm trying to err on the side of LESS metal being removed. :)

I'm really curious to see if the longslides are coming FROM Fusion already able to run these loads reliably.

Thanks!

·
Registered
81 Posts

I shot a 50 round box of DT 200gr Beartooths and no problems at all. This box was at the end of my day of about 300 various rounds so I was somewhat tired. Here is one target photo with these DT's. I think this was 2 8-rnd mags plus 1.

Here is a photo from earlier in the day (actually I think I fired 3-4 extra rounds [11-12 total] to finish a box, but had labeled the targets expecting only one mag-count the holes):

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Very nice shootin'

·
Registered
81 Posts
The wide flat nose DT's put a hole in paper almost like a wad cutter. Paper targets everywhere must be trembling!

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
WOW!!! FOr a butt Kickin 10mm these are very fine groups!!:smile:
Excellent shooting,,, wounder who built that pistol???:wink:

Thanks again,
Great Shooting!!
Bob
:smile::smile::smile::smile:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Mountainclmbr, the target reads 50'!!! That is some very good shooting at that distance!:notworthy::smile:

Maybe one day I will be able to afford a Longslide in 10MM!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
My magwell came loose and 2 grip screws as well, after about 500 rounds. I put Loctite (blue) on magwell screw threads and all grip screw threads. From experience with other guns I know that the loose screws won't happen again. I should have done it right from the start.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.