1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm having problems getting my DW Razorback to feed Doubletap Ammo's 200 and 215 grain Beartooth loads without the slide prematurely locking back before the mag is empty. I'm familiar with how to adjust my slide stop (Greider) and did so this weekend using a flat mill file and emery paper. I've actually gotten rid of all the premature slide locks with ALL other rounds but still can't get them dang wide nosed Beartooths to run reliably, even after installing Wolff XP mag springs. I'd like to know is if anyone has actually gotten these loads to run without premature slide lock backs.

Please don't respond unless you have firsthand experience with these loads. I'm curious to see if I just haven't taken off enough metal on my slide stop or what. I'm trying to err on the side of LESS metal being removed. :)

I'm really curious to see if the Razorbacks that are coming FROM Dan Wesson are already able to run these loads reliably.

Thanks!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Nope, I heard of ammo brand sensitive mags, but not ammo brand sensitve pistols. Can you caliper the loads and see if there is any differences between them and other brand loads?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Nope, I heard of ammo brand sensitive mags, but not ammo brand sensitve pistols. Can you caliper the loads and see if there is any differences between them and other brand loads?
I wouldn't even call it "brand" sensitive. Everything else from this 'brand' runs great but this "loading" which I had no problems running in my old Kimber 10mm. I'm all out of the Beartooths so I couldn't check again anyways without buying more. I might do that. Maybe it was just that lot.

·
Registered
327 Posts
A possibility. The only problem I've ever had with my Razorback was feeding some 200 Grain homeloads I made up. Switched to a different 200 grain bullet and had no problems. Fortunately I also own a 40 S&W that ate up the first bullets no problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts