1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone tried a fusion in 9mm and if so what was the accuracy and reliablity?

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
We build many 9mm in commander, full sie and 6 inch Long Slide conifg's.
They run real good. The items to be focus on in the 9mm are mags, and matching ammo to the proper recoil spring. 9mm can be finicky if you don't match ammo and Recoil spring and do a good "break-in". Get to know it... The 9mm is a real fun cartridge in the 1911 and a dream to handle. We are now using a new variable recoil spring that has been working very well and more forgiving with a wider range of ammo.
I never was a big fan of the 9mm until I shot it in a 1911. It changed my feelings on the 9mm. It is a real fun round, with very good accuracy and little recoil.
Thanks for the question,
Bob
Fusion
:smile::smile::smile:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Additional 9mm Question for Mr. Serva or Others Informed...

Please pardon me if this question has been asked before, but I'm new to your forum and have been lurking in the shadows with a thread-related question...I'm curious about the 9mm offering too. Is it on the Fusion website or considered a special build?

Thanks,
IQ45

·
Registered
36 Posts
I do know the 9mm comes in a kit, mine is enroute and I am looking forward to learning the "inards" of a 1911 weapon. My gunsmith is going to help me with the build and I will post the finished product when we are done. I am sure Fusion could build ANYTHING you can spec out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
73Driver,
That's a fun way to learn about the 1911. I started that way in 1989 with just a receiver. Bought a few parts/tools/manuals over the course of time and asked a lot of questions (we didn't have internet then). Wish I knew then what I know now! LOL
Anyway, thanks so much for the tip on the kit and I'm hoping you'll keep us posted on your progress. I'm excited for Fusion Arms and Mr. Serva's helping hand for all wanting the ultimate pistola experience!
Regards,
IQ45

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1911 offers the best platform to achieve accuracy I have several 45's that are very accurate. I have never owned a 9mm that was real accurate. that is my reason for wanting a 1911 in a 9mm. Just not for sure if it will produce the same results as the 45acp. 73driver please keep us informed on your progress.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is a kit the only way it is available through Fusion or are there plans to add it to the new firearms section? I too, believe the 9mm offering in the 1911 platform would be a major hit.
Thanks,
IQ45

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bob has always been a good guy with which to speak on the phone. I bought a gun from him several years ago and now ordered a kit from him. No matter what you buy from Bob, it'll be first class. That's the way he does things. Have no fear.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I could not find a phone number on fusion web site. Am I over looking it somewhere

·
Registered
9 Posts
This was the last number (607-343-4013) I had for him...bought a DW CBob he was parting with and spoke with him at that time. I agree, great guy to work with.
Thanks,
IQ45

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just finished fitting a 9mm slide, barrel, etc to a 10mm frame kit from Fusion and it is now my primary for IDPA and IPSC limited 10. I was previously shooting a S&W 945. The 9mm is cheap and the recoil is absolutely minimal. I too was never really a fan of 9mm, but after starting to shoot matches, the allure grows on you. The "build" was fun and so much easier than I thought. Somehow I got the trigger pull to near perfection. Much better than the 945(if you can believe that). I used Fusion components. I tried to install the Infinity tri-glide but the trigger pull was actually worse and I just went back to Bobs parts. When you use Bobs parts and kits, everything is so easy. I did go to SDM's gold bead front sight post and a briley spherical bushing.
This is the fastest pistol I've ever shot. Period. I use Virgil Tripp's 10rd grip length mags and a 13lb recoil spring with +P ammo. And I can just switch tops to shoot 10mm!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
reubenski. sounds like you did well, did you use a ramped barrel? and what kind of accuracy do you get?

thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just finished fitting a 9mm slide, barrel, etc to a 10mm frame kit from Fusion and it is now my primary for IDPA and IPSC limited 10. I was previously shooting a S&W 945. The 9mm is cheap and the recoil is absolutely minimal. I too was never really a fan of 9mm, but after starting to shoot matches, the allure grows on you. The "build" was fun and so much easier than I thought. Somehow I got the trigger pull to near perfection. Much better than the 945(if you can believe that). I used Fusion components. I tried to install the Infinity tri-glide but the trigger pull was actually worse and I just went back to Bobs parts. When you use Bobs parts and kits, everything is so easy. I did go to SDM's gold bead front sight post and a briley spherical bushing.
This is the fastest pistol I've ever shot. Period. I use Virgil Tripp's 10rd grip length mags and a 13lb recoil spring with +P ammo. And I can just switch tops to shoot 10mm!
Reubenski,
Will you be posting pics in this link or somewhere for us? :shades: You've got our attention-LOL.
Thanks,
IQ45

1 - 16 of 16 Posts