1911 Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently tore down a 80s N.M. that was underwatwer in hurricane Ike. I had put it in a bucket of deisel until I could get to it. I tore down and cleaned up an Armscor I have and got it back together, but no extra parts. Are there any tricks to getting the extra parts in? If not I'm on my way to figuring something out. The Armscor parked finish looks like nothing happened to it but the pristine bluing on the Colt took a beating. I posted on another site but have had no responses.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I tore down and cleaned up an Armscor I have and got it back together, but no extra parts. Are there any tricks to getting the extra parts in?
You lost me, what extra parts are you talking about.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine has a small black stamed clip that appears to go between frame and the lowest of the frame parts. the one that contacts the trigger. I left it out will that create a problem. Seems to me to function properly without it and Idid'nt see on any of the diagrams I've seen.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
If it's a series 80 colt the parts are just like in the thread. You will have to post pics before I know what you are talking about. If you take the stuff out you need to put a tj's shim in.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a series 80 colt Nat. Match and it had as a small metal clip that appears to go on the upper leg of the lowest frame part between frame and part. No camera yet. The part is very small and thin a hole where pin goes thru and 2 small tabs.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
There are 4 parts to the series 80 firing pin block and that includes your pistol. It has to be one of these, sounds like the bottom lever in this pic. If you just leave out that lower lever the gun will not fire. The hammer will still fall but the lever is not there to push the plunger up as to unblock the firing pin and allow it to go forward.

If you take out any of the series 80 parts then you need to take them all out and put one of these shims in where the lever (that is stamped with a 3) is next to the hammer:

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/productdetail.aspx?p=13121&st=&s=

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All those parts are in this part is .025" thick and as I said before fits behind the upper leg of the lowest part. Wish I had a camera.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I have no idea what you are talking about, sorry. The lowest series 80's part is on a pin with the extractor and sear both of which are necessary.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Like I said I have the parts in and everything seems fine. The part is tiny and would only fit in one place. When and if Iget a camera I'll take some pics and show you where it goes. Again all parts are in,plunger and spring in slide and 2 levers in frame. Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
OK, whatever. I have never seen anything like that extra on a colt though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
now that Ithink about it there was also a tiny spring prottrudind from the sear. Idon't know but could it be that this and the extra part on the firing pin safetey are only present on the N.M. models.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
If and when OD sees this he will probably know.

·
Administrator
1,288 Posts
It's sounds like you have an older pistol with a steel trigger, Colt used a small flat spring type thing to alleviate trigger bounce with the old steel triggers. As Jerry said, pictures would help.

# 46 & 47 in this schematic.

http://www.coltsmfg.com/cmci/modelO_gct.asp

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Thanks OD, I've never even seen one of those.

·
Administrator
1,288 Posts
You're welcome Sir.

They are a pain in the rear-end, that's why most guys went to a lightweight trigger. ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you both.
would ther be a major problem leaving both parts out? As of now the little spring is in and the depressor out. I beleive that's what it is but the diagram is kind of small. It appears to be the part I tried to describe and the little spring is little. Guess I'll pull it apart again and see if I can figure out how to install But by looks of it I think thats it. Ihaven't fired it yet so
i hope the little spring is okay. Thanks again

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
The best thing you can do is click on the brownell link and get an aluminum trigger, toss the steel one.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Igot on brownells and the Wilson light weight trigger is there. So order that ,lose the tiny spring and depressor and I'm good to go.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts