1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
10man,

Welcome to the forum.

Fusion firearms are the best 6 inch 10mm for the money. Now to which of the Fusions, could you provide some details as to you desired usage? Hunting, target, defense, etc?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI 73 driver
my intrest is in mostly hunting,but i do like to target shoot too i have four other longslides i have a glock 10mm/45 longslide and a glock 9mmL and a 40L and a springfeild
45super longslide,As you can tell i like my longslides and i have some 1911s to so i want it to shoot very strait one hole hopefully but fusion has several modles to choose from can you give me any insite to what mite suit me best.

·
Registered
239 Posts
HI 73 driver
my intrest is in mostly hunting,but i do like to target shoot too i have four other longslides i have a glock 10mm/45 longslide and a glock 9mmL and a 40L and a springfeild
45super longslide,As you can tell i like my longslides and i have some 1911s to so i want it to shoot very strait one hole hopefully but fusion has several modles to choose from can you give me any insite to what mite suit me best.

I like your style, 10man! (I'm a longslide fiend, also). As for which Fusion Longlside, its going to be up to personal preference.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi nicke10mm
ya there the way to go,what kind do you have?
I realy like the 1911 longslides and im going to get one of those fusions,I just dont know what on one would be best. some come with different parts in them,and i havent had a real custom 1911 pistol yet i have the springfeild longslide but want a 10mm custom longslide, I want one to shoot in the same hole at 25 yards if i do my part.:) or do you think that all the modles are capble of it?

·
Registered
239 Posts
hi nicke10mm
ya there the way to go,what kind do you have?
I realy like the 1911 longslides and im going to get one of those fusions,I just dont know what on one would be best. some come with different parts in them,and i havent had a real custom 1911 pistol yet i have the springfeild longslide but want a 10mm custom longslide, I want one to shoot in the same hole at 25 yards if i do my part.:) or do you think that all the modles are capble of it?
Its the ONLY way to go, actually!! :) I had one of the Glock 20L's but sold it because I couldn't get it running 100% reliable and a pistol that doesn't run 100% is of no use to me. Still, it was a great gun. (I kept the G20 but sold the upper).

You should take a family portrait of your longslides!

In answer to your question about one hole groups at 25y, I DO think that they are COMPLETELY capable of that magic 1" group at 25y. I'm the same as you. Accuracy is my goal with longslides. I shot some crazy groups with my G20L .... Plus, I hunt deer with my 10mm's... out to about 50 yards.

As far as what to choose... here are my approximate picks and considerations if that might start you on your quest:

flat top slide (cosmetic, depends on slide used by Fusion)

squared VERSUS circle trigger guard? (depends on frames Fusion uses)

solid white trigger (like my RZ, cosmetic)

bomar rear adjustable sight

thin front FO sight

NO ambi safety (i'm a hunter!)

NO magwell chute (no need & requires bumpers on mags)

countersunk slide stop pin hole (cosmetic)

Black pistol with stainless small parts? or all black?

Greider slide stop (personal requirement of mine)

grip checkering VERSUS design ("scales") checkering?

ball cuts (Fusion already has this I think)

Hope this helps!
Nick

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice nicke10mm
sounds like some toughts to choe on,It also sounds like you know what your talking about as well.
I have'nt had any broblems with my glock 45/10mm yet but i have'nt shoot that much thru it yet and no high persher loads thru it yet but i well mostly egale 180 gr seems to work fine right now.lonewolf is getting the 20 longsides they say for the last two years if they do i well most likiely get one of them if they ever get here.

ps thanks for the info
10man

·
Registered
239 Posts
Nice nicke10mm
sounds like some toughts to choe on,It also sounds like you know what your talking about as well.
I have'nt had any broblems with my glock 45/10mm yet but i have'nt shoot that much thru it yet and no high persher loads thru it yet but i well mostly egale 180 gr seems to work fine right now.lonewolf is getting the 20 longsides they say for the last two years if they do i well most likiely get one of them if they ever get here.

ps thanks for the info
10man
I might get one of those Lone Wolf G20 longslides (if they ever get released) but a longslide 1911 is really my true interest.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts