1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my youngest kid she does not like the 1911 style auto pistol ..she has told me that she does not like the pistol..she just shoots better with the revolver than the auto her grandmother has a old revolver and had let her shoot it one day and she did very well with it..
the funny thing was with her grandma old revolver she shot the ccw course set up with it and did better than she had did with the 1911 pistol..so that and talk with her grandma about the selling me the her revolver ,.inwhich i was told no but he--- no i not selling you the revolver ..that when her grandma walked over to the table and got her checkbook out and wrote me a check for 1800.dollars to buy her a new revolver and have it fixed to her way for carrying as need along with anything else she might need for the unit..
so i went to a local gunshow where i live at and was looking for a older model sw model 45 acp revolver and saw a couple of dealers that i knew that could find something for me for her to use for our outdoor camping and trail pistol along with ccw use as need

that when the local dealer told about the new sw model-325 thunder ranch 45
.acp cal revolver
i had him change out the sights to a fixed sight system and put heavy duty
houge rubber fringer grove grips on the revolver for her hand

part two of this something i would like to know if your kids are like this
my youngest girl does not belive in hunting ..but she will eat the wild game meat that put in front of her..that what we have in the freezer right now
along with other beef pork chicken etc typle meats..
we have always told the kids that the wild game that we take is for us to survive on and helps stetch out the budget as need and helps keeps our food and other cost of liveing down ..
being medical out of the military i have to learn to live on a semi fixed income for years now picking up odd jobs as i can ..
i hunted all most every year for deer and elk meat when i could to help fill the freezer along with a side of beef and side of pork meats that we could find in a local meat shop to help stetch the budget even more..
around some of the base i was at there was a couple times why we had a large amout of bulk items in the house when they we had friends over for bbq..we just told that it stetchs the food budget out more..and a lot of the wifes where comeing to my wife and asking how to do the food budget the way we did ours
she shoots trap with her grandma and her mom and targets shoots with us as a family group and will go out on camping trips with us as a family..
but when it comes to hunting of wild game she does not belive in it ..i have yet firgue that one out on her
i donot try to force her to do anything that she does not like to do..
so any of you kids like that

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
part three of this
her grandma is well off after her late husband pass away and left very well off in there saveing and investment area..they both heavy into skeet and trap and bird hunting when he was alive..
when the kids in the family are old eoungh to shoot a shootgun she takes out to the local skeet and trap range and see if they would like to try the shoot a round of skeet..
if they show that they can do it she starts them out on a small bore shotgun that she has and takes with her when she goes to the shooting ..
she is a trip at times,,when i first met my wife to be she took me shooting with them and i was ask if i ever shoot skeet or trap shooting i told them no and well time that you learned to sport of kings i was told..
i was beaten so badly that day its a strandard joke in the family when the kids go out least try to hit one of birds inflight..
lets just say i can hold my own right now ,..against my wife but not her mom ..
when her father was alive and the girls where born he went out and got them a set of over and under shotguns for skeet and trap shooting ..and when they where old eough to go shooting this is what they where going to us..

·
Registered
135 Posts
my youngest kid she does not like the 1911 style auto pistol ..she has told me that she does not like the pistol..she just shoots better with the revolver than the auto her grandmother has a old revolver and had let her shoot it one day and she did very well with it..
the funny thing was with her grandma old revolver she shot the ccw course set up with it and did better than she had did with the 1911 pistol..so that and talk with her grandma about the selling me the her revolver ,.inwhich i was told no but he--- no i not selling you the revolver ..that when her grandma walked over to the table and got her checkbook out and wrote me a check for 1800.dollars to buy her a new revolver and have it fixed to her way for carrying as need along with anything else she might need for the unit..
so i went to a local gunshow where i live at and was looking for a older model sw model 45 acp revolver and saw a couple of dealers that i knew that could find something for me for her to use for our outdoor camping and trail pistol along with ccw use as need
This sounds like my wife. She is a "dyed-in-the-wool" revolver person! Don't ever try to talk her out of it, for it will prove futile!

By God, for her, it works!

Scott

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Started a husband/wife off a few months ago. When they took their test there was a lady there w/ an old Smith 19, 38/357 w/ a 4" barrel. She carried it too.
Instructor tried to get here to test w/ a loaner semi. no, No, & NO.
Will you need someone to load for you??? no, absolutely not.
She shot a 250 at her proficiency test & that is a perfect score for the Texas shooting test.

Dont mess w/ the "Roller Gun Girls" They are an elite covert unite.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.