1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone here using a 22LR conversion on a Kimber? I have a SIS custom/RL and thinking about using a conversion for plinking. Would you suggest sticking with Kimber conversion or maybe another brand like Tactical?:thinking:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Roger that Captain Chuck , thanks for the heads up. I just happened to read a review on the Marvel units yesterday and they rec'vd excellent reports.

Tacitus

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the Kimber 22 conversion and use it on my Kimber Eclipse Custom II and have also used it on a Pro Carry II that I just traded. It worked fine on both. If you get a Kimber I suggest useing Weapon Shield to lube and clean it. Never use grease as it will give you feeding problems, too much drag, I really enjoy mine and it is very accurate and fun to shoot.........:cool:

I use CCI ammo only..................:shades:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an Advantage Arms standard model on my Kimber Eclipse Custom II. It works like a charm. Well over 95% with Remington Golden Bullets in the bulk pack and 100% so far with CCI Mini-Mags. I very much appreciate the lock back feature. Only change I made, to accommodate old eyes, was to have a Novak fiber optic front sight installed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the Kimber .22 conversion kit and use it on my Super Match frame. It is highly reliable and I recommend it. I've shot CCI minimags exclusively as I've read in a number of places they're highly reliable. I was first interested in a Marvell but they're nearly impossible to get and the Kimbers are widely available.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also use the Kimber .22 conversion kit and really like it.
Nice fit on my Pro CDP frame and the only FTF's was with cheap stuff (probably not enough energy to throw the slide all the way back), so I use Federal or CCI.
:1010:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.