1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was not sure were to ask this.
Anyway, I'm thinking I need a .22 Pistol.
I first thought a Ruger 22/45 5.5" barrel, but then I tought what about
a .22 Upper for my Springer or Colt.
What is a good, Reliable and Accurate one.
Can i expect good accuracy, Say 1.5" at 25yds. ?
Pics as always are much appreciated
Thanks

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Hylander, I have an Advantage Arms Target Model 22 conversion kit matched up to a dedicated RIA frame. I lapped the slide assembly and frame for a perfect fit. Mine is an older kit but it shoots extremely well and is very accurate. Some of the kits had some problems but I think they have them pretty much corrected now. The Advantage Arms version has the last shot hold open feature. There are a few other kits on the market but I am really not familiar with them.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Hylander, you are correct in that they are not cheap in price!! They are very fun to shoot though but as you stated you can get a Ruger 22 for about the same price.

Here is my 22LR "fun gun"!!! It is my Baby Auto Mag!!:smile:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hylander, you are correct in that they are not cheap in price!! They are very fun to shoot though but as you stated you can get a Ruger 22 for about the same price.

Here is my 22LR "fun gun"!!! It is my Baby Auto Mag!!:smile:
Thats Pretty Cool lookin' :shades:

The Marvel units are $420 and I can get a New Ruger 22/45 for $240
That extra $180 will buy alot of Ammo and upgrades :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had the Ruger MK II target model with bull barrel, and believe me, the Marvel unit is more accurate. You basically get what you pay for on this one. Ruger makes a great gun, but the Marvel is an awsome custom made gun. They just had a few weeks back on Shooting USA an episode where more than one competition shooter was using a dedicated Marvel gun as their .22 pistol, and kicking butt.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a Ciener Platinum conversion unit on a dedicated RIA frame. It's very very accurate, and the must fun .22 handgun I have ever owned or shot and that's alot of them. Doesn't stay open on last round though. You have to have at least 4-15 round magazines, cause once you get shooting don't want to take time load magazines. Brownell's carries these units.

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
I made a Custom Ruger with all Volquartson (sp) parts inside with a 2.3 lbs trigger pull.
I will take a picture later and post it. It also has a Millet reddot on top of it and I shoot the Police L matches with it at times.

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
Do it you might even consider a comp on it. I am leaning toward it. I polished mine inside as well as outside(used a tube of semi Chrome.) The Millet reddot works great also consider a Ultrdot they are well made.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.