.22 1911's | 1911 Forums at 1911Talk.com

.22 1911's

Discussion in 'Rimfire weapons' started by Boomhauer54, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Boomhauer54

Boomhauer54 New Member

Hello guys - new guy here. So forgive if this is not the correct forum for this thread. And tell me where to post it.

I've owned a few 1911's and to me they're the best. Love how they shoot and how they look. But I've other firearms too, I'm sure you do too. And I'm sure you have a good collection of ammo. Well I've got a lot of .22 and .22 rifles but no .22 pistols. Oh I've been looking at different types but most of what I see is... ugly. However there are several 1911's in .22 that appeal to me. Now I'm not only old but old school, wood and steel so I lean towards the Government models. And I don't care for the swept up beaver tail. So I've narrowed it down to a few - one being the Colt/Walther/Umarex and the Browning. Read reviews on both, good and bad, and have to say the price on the Colt is better than the Browning. About $250 better. But if the Browning is that much better a gun I'll pay it. So does anybody here own either of these and what do you think about them? Tell me the good and bad and are there better ones out there? In a wood and steel Government model. Yes I could buy a .22 conversion but a good one is about the same as a whole pistol.

So what can you all tell me? Thanks -

2. Super Trucker

Super Trucker
    Staff Member Forum Supporter

Moved thread to the "Rimfire Weapons" section.

Welcome!