1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Colt did make some Series 70 GCNMs that were bi tone (nickle receiver and blued slide) but the controls on that pistol look different from what I have seen (slide stop and thumb safety).
Also the sights and stocks are aftermarket.

·
1911auto Supporters
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Colt did make some Series 70 GCNMs that were bi tone (nickle receiver and blued slide) but the controls on that pistol look different from what I have seen (slide stop and thumb safety).
Also the sights and stocks are aftermarket.
I dont think that it is a nickle frame, just does not look right. I think its a home build.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Colt may have made some, but that one in the UTube has several mods - Ambi safety, fiber optic front sights, rear sights don't look to be Champions. It's hard to tell about the nickel finish with that awful lighting. Could be SS?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I agree that pistol is not stock, the only 2 tones I know of that are Series 70 GCNM had a nickel receiver.
I cannot tell if that is nickle or another finish/stainless steel.
If it is stainless it can not be a Series 70.
Colt also made a few Series 80 bi tones in 9mm, Super .38, and .45 Automatic but the they were all limited runs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.