1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With sincere thanks to AutoMag for the grips and Blackhawk for a couple of his beloved Federal cases, here is the result of my first attempt to embed the case head into a set of grips.

The Armscor mahogony grips were violated with a 1/2" forstner bit, sanded with 220grit to soften the rim of the cut, and treated with four coats of Tru-Oil. The case heads were removed from the case using my Christmas present from my wife - the dreaded Dremel and affixed to the panels using a silicone adhesive.

Again - thanks a million Auto - they are exactly what I wanted for the Gold Match.

--jcd

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Nice job.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Suhweeet!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
So uhh where does the line form to get some

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
JCD, no problem on the grips my friend!!! They look great!!!:smile::smile:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the kind words folks. I've got a small collection of cases (.38, .357, .44 Mag, .45acp, and .45 Colt) that are destined to be decapitated as soon as the right project comes along.

Paper weights, more grips, pen holders, how knows?! Have Dremel, will cut!

--jcd

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Looks good.

·
Forum Supporter
141 Posts
Oh Man!

Where is my Dremel?...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Nope, gotta break from the crowd. They turned out really bad, you need to send them to me and I will make sure they are properly disposed of..... on my pistol.:biglaugh:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:) Cody - you are a funny man :)

Thanks again for the kind words. This was much easier than I anticipated - certainly not perfect, but presentable. The key is a drill press and forstner bit.

--jcd

1 - 15 of 15 Posts