1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
​BOUGHT IT ....

I just went to the LGS to browse and perhaps put a deposit on a Rock Island Armory 1911. The gentleman behind the counter asked what I wanted to see and I told him I'm looking for a 1911. He said "Funny thing ... you want to see a nice 1911? It was built in 1918 and we just took it in on trade." I can only say FRIGGIN' BEAUTIFUL!! It is tight as a drum and still blue with little wear or scratches. Original magazine. Way out of what I was planning on spending, but I'm checking the budget right now. It felt like an honor to hold in my hands.
[/IMG]

·
Super Moderator
634 Posts
Wow, that would be an awesome addition to a collection. Not something you see very often.
When looking at the budget just tell yourself that this gun is less then 1/2 the price of a new Nighthawk/Wilson/Ed Brown etc and might be the only chance you get to grab that type of gun.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Wow, that would be an awesome addition to a collection. Not something you see very often.
When looking at the budget just tell yourself that this gun is less then 1/2 the price of a new Nighthawk/Wilson/Ed Brown etc and might be the only chance you get to grab that type of gun.
Thanks for putting some perspective to the decision. I'm going back in the morning to take it apart to inspect the innards.

I went back and decided to buy it. It cycled well with snap caps, doesn't rattle much, hasn't been abused, looks very clean inside. It was gently refinished long ago. It has character and I asked for a senior citizen discount and they took off a hundred bucks. I'm picking it up on Saturday. Can't wait ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for putting some perspective to the decision. I'm going back in the morning to take it apart to inspect the innards.

I went back and decided to buy it. It cycled well with snap caps, doesn't rattle much, hasn't been abused, looks very clean inside. It was gently refinished long ago. It has character and I asked for a senior citizen discount and they took off a hundred bucks. I'm picking it up on Saturday. Can't wait ...
Good for u i just picked up my 1918 today never been refinished i have not shot it yet .I'm going to put a few through it make sure it fires and oil it up put in it's holster and say I'm blessed to be the next care taker of a peice of history.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts