1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hola from San Antonio,

I have a CAI import Colt/Ithaca hybrid pistol, very well worn, and with Colt frame, and Ithaca slide?

Any chance some other member has a similar pistol with an Ithaca frame, and Colt slide?

I know it is a long shot, but the poor old gun is a hybrid, and needs to be reconnected with the same sort of parts!

Viettom

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Welcome aboard & glad to have you.
Some one just may have his brother.:flag:

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Welcome! I've been to San Antonio several times,that's where my wife is from!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hola from San Antonio,

I have a CAI import Colt/Ithaca hybrid pistol, very well worn, and with Colt frame, and Ithaca slide?

Any chance some other member has a similar pistol with an Ithaca frame, and Colt slide?

I know it is a long shot, but the poor old gun is a hybrid, and needs to be reconnected with the same sort of parts!

Viettom
Finding a Colt slide with proper NSN may well be a problem these days (I don't know since I haven't looked for one in years). but in the 70's and 80's they were plentiful. I just spent some time looking online, not there. What may be the best bet, is to haunt the gun shows. That's where a lot of surplus parts used to turn up. I used to buy M14 stuff by the crate.

I have a 60's era 1911A1 NM (Colt)... love it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
HOLA Tom,
A few weeks back I was looking through a 1911 section of one of the gun auctions and saw an old Colt listed as a parts gun. Might be worth a looksee. I think it was either Gun Broker or Impact Arms (E-Bang). Good luck.
I just picked up a new Smith and Wesson E Series. I think I may separate my wrist and fingers racking the slide back. In 66 I carried and old Colt as a back up for my 16. I don't remember it being as stiff like this Smith is.
I live a little North of you in Wimberley. I married a farm girl from Bellville Tx. Long time ago. Well take care.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.