1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always wanted a long slide .45 but never was satisfied with the Springfield Armory or AMT guns and the 2K pistols, like the Baer are just too hard to justify. Have been shooting USPSA SS for quite awhile and this will give me a chance to run in Limited 10.

There are quite a few 1911s in the safe from an STI Spartan on the low end monetarily to a Wilson Classic with several older kimbers and a few STI 2011s rounding out the mix. Placed an order based on the feedback on this and other forums and I can't wait to see the finished product. Fusion parts seem to be sourced almost entirely from the same place as STI's are, which is good thing. STI trigger components are tough to beat. My gunsmith prefers Caspian slides and Schumann barrels but a SS build from him runs 2.5K. Everything on the 1911 is fit dependent. For example the STI Spartan I've got is fit better than any of the current production Kimbers I've handled in a long time. While it isn't flashy, the barrel, bushing, lock work came fitted extremely well. Proof is switching the front sight for a .090 Dawson, fitting an SA mainspring housing/magwell, and cleaning of the hammer/sear which was better than most factory 1911s and head and shoulders above the last Baer I handled. It's run 7k flawless with no parts breakage other than replacing the recoil spring for a 14 lbs ISMI and CP buff. People always ask me what it is at matches and seem surprised that I’m running such a “low end†1911.

Anyway, it's great that Mr. Serva has given us the opportunity to own a 1911 with higher level of fit in the flavor the purchaser chooses. Customer service isn't easy but if the pistol when it arrives is anything like the feedback I've received so far, it will be the best 1911 I've purchased in a long long time.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Re; Long Slide 6"

The second Fusion I had Bob build for me was designated XL Scout LS. I had it set up with rear adj Bomar low profile target 2 dot sight and contrasting Dawson red front fiber optic sight. The combination makes my failing eye sight feel like its 18 years old again. The buttered ball bearing action/slide makes fast shooting a breeze, and quick desisive target aquisition first, and foremost. There is a pic of it in a Serva thread, " George's LS" under the Fusion area of the forum. With two Fusion's now in my possetion, and a third in build, I am already waiting to see thier new Hi Cap Double Stack model that is suppose to be available in the near future, 4-6 weeks. Fusion all the way!!! capttom:wavey::flag::flag:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.