1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Forum Supporter
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished putting this baby together a short while ago.

This is an OLD Ruger 10/22 I have rebuilt with all Volquartsen and Power Custom components. The cool thing, of course, is the integrally suppressed Oasis-R barrel from Gemtech.

clack, clack, clack...

You cell phone is FAR louder than this weapon when using subsonic .22 ammo.

Now all I need is 100,000 rounds of .22 LR...:dancingbananna:

:flag:

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Is the barrel Class III or can anyone have the suppressed barrel?

·
Forum Supporter
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That barrel is NFA regulated as a silencer. Anyone can have it if they can get the BATFE to give them the tax stamp from the Treasury dept.

Unless, of course, your state prohibits such obviously unnecessary and evil weapons modifications.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
But its absolutely necessary so that I can target shoot while my kids are napping or even at night after everyone goes to bed. I expect many more people would target practice at night if they had such amenities.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have an integrally suppressed .22 rifle (Ceiner Ruger 77-22) and it's been my most-used gun over the last 11 or 12 years I've had it.
Need 100,000 rds of .22 is right!

If you're like me, you'll find yourself reaching for that gun all the time.

We live in the country, but still have a house on either side. It's nice to slide the back door open and get in a couple of magazines of offhand practice at my swinging targets without stirring anyone up. Or getting cold.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Very nice

·
Forum Supporter
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree - it is EASY to burn 500 rounds in a sitting, no ear plugs needed.

Super fun. That is why I built these.

I think I am about to order a .22 LR Prodigy from AAC, so that all my .22's can have a suppressor.

Think about that - four guns going at the same time = a vast amount of rounds downrange. In complete silence.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think I am about to order a .22 LR Prodigy from AAC, so that all my .22's can have a suppressor.
Yeah, I've been looking at the Prodigy, Pilot, Outback, etc to have a handy dandy swappable can. If I did all that I wanted, I'd be spending more on barrel threading than for the can!

·
Forum Supporter
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the outback II - a pic is in the top thread in this sub-section of the board.

Completely awesome on my other 10/22 and my TacSol upper. I just need another one,

well...

Just because.

It is not outside the realm of possibilities that the next administration may not be too gun-friendly.

Dang!!! I needs me a couple o' Barrets and a Cheytac!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts