1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

Should I sell my Glock 23 for a Ruger 22/45

4K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Hylander 
#1 ·
I'm having a heck of a time trying to deside if I should sell my Glock 23 to get a Ruger 22/45.
I got my Glock for a carry Pistol when I ride my 1800 VTX, however I will most likely start carrying my Colt 1991A1 as soon as my TT Gunleather Holster arrives. Other than for carry, I never use the Glock, except to qualify for my Permit every two years. I just like shooting the 1911 better.
So anyway something has to go to get the Ruger.
I have several other handguns, so being short one won't put a damper on my shooting fun. Selling one of the others is not in the equation.
Plus my wife does not like me having a gun without a Manual safety.
What say you ?

#2 ·
I've bought and sold a few, so my opinion is this: Don't sell the G23 if you think you'll want another one later. Sure it's just a Glock, but you'll probably sell for less than it's replacement will cost.

#4 ·
I think I am going to go ahead and sell it, Just gotta get a .22 Pistol :biggrin:
Now I need to figure out what it is worth, any Idea ?
It is a 3rd Gen. like new in the box with all paper work and five 10 round Mags,
not a scratch and less than 200 rounds down the tube.
It has an Aftermarket barrel "Very Accurate" so shooting reloads and
lead is ok.

#6 ·
Hylander I can have a custom ruger made for you, it would look like mine , probably with a compensator and ultradot already on it. The question is what size barrel you want. It will be a one of a kind , price around 700.00

Thanks for the offer.
However I am going to go with the MKIII 22/45 5.5" Blued
I am going to modify the frame to except 1911 Grips :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.