Dan wesson vbob problem

Discussion in 'Dan Wesson' started by Haydenabo, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Haydenabo

Haydenabo New Member

Hey guys,

So last Saturday I purchased my 4th 1911 handgun from dan wesson, it happened to be the vbob chambered in45 with duty finish. What a gorgeous gun. Love the weight, the feel of the gun in my hand. Took it home did a preshoting inspection(flawless) cleaned and lubed. Took it to the range pub a 100 through it. S&B.Ball. 230gr 45acp. Took it home cleaned lubed back to the range and did 360 total. 1 fail. Now that's not the issue. I took it home to clean it, noticed abnormal wear on the slide, from the slide stop going the opposite direction, it is eating away from the steel and Now I have an edge on it. I took it to gun smith they suggested it's the spring next to the take down notch, it keeps pushing my slide stop up during firing. But they also suggested to call dw and see what they say. Just want to know anyone els had that issue? What do you think dw will do to fix it.

Which brings me to another story. The guardian I have had a major major 15% failure rate. Failure to feed and failure to battery, dw ended up polishing the feed ramp on the frame and a tad on the barrel. Which fixed the problem but took the finish off from the inside of the frame.

Pictures of the valor below.

Attached Files:

2. Super Trucker

Super Trucker
    Staff Member Forum Supporter

A call to DW would happen if it were mine.

That is unacceptable with a new gun. At minimum they should refinish the slide after correcting the cause of the problem.

Let us know how they handle this please.

Haydenabo likes this.
  3. Haydenabo

Haydenabo New Member

I sure will. I'm hoping they do some sort of replacement since this is the second DW I have with issues brand new.