Cleaning my Handguns

Discussion in 'Ruger 1911' started by harleysarge, Jul 20, 2016.

1. harleysarge

harleysarge New Member

Just finished cleaning my Ruger Cdr. SR1911 and My wife's .38 Snub nose Taurus, and I was wondering if the rest of you folks enjoy that experience of cleaning as much as I do. It may sound goofy, but I get the same feeling every time like I'm getting closer to my weapons. I know what it looks like dismantled and cleaned properly and I can smell the cleaning fluids and feel the oils under hand... this weapon is ready and will act accordingly as it was designed to do, due to my maintenance and careful assembly. And my ammo is no exception. Wiped down and kept dry before loading. Last but not least is an ammo count and in what calibers before I put the chest away. I know it's time to hit the gun store for more when it's needed. Everything is put away and where it belongs until I need it. And I can still smell the Cleaning Fluid in the air. Hooo-Rahh !

God bless the USA, Our Troops, and the 2nd Amendment !

Sarge

Bayou and duckbuster like this.
  2. dakota1911

dakota1911 Member

Not sure I really enjoy it but it is important. I guess I am neutral to doing it.

3. Bayou

Bayou New Member

Yep, sure do. I greatly enjoy dismantling and cleaning the SR1911!

4. Mark in TX

Mark in TX New Member

I know what you mean. I get a good feeling knowing they're well taken care of.

Bayou likes this.