Ammo question

Discussion in 'Wilson Combat' started by James Longstreet, Jan 30, 2014.

1. James Longstreet

James Longstreet New Member

I will be ordering my first Wilson - CQB - next month. Due to the scarcity of 9mm target ammo, I've started buying some when I find it. So far buying WWB 115 grain fmj and Federal 115 grain fmj. Is all brand name ammo good for Wilson's? Any ammo I should avoid?

Anybody know current wait time? Hope to have by xmas. thanks

2. warbird1

warbird1 Active Member

Welcome to the forum. I use pretty much any brand name ammo as long as it is brass cased. Any American made ammo is good. I'm a little more particular on the foreign made stuff.
    Please introduce yourself in the new member section.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  3. gandog56

gandog56 Member

I get ammo the old fashioned way.

I MAKE it!

4. watchman

watchman New Member

Around here is SE Michigan, 45 ACP is more available than 9mm. I use name brand and some foreign if brass and not steel case for sure!! I have a Colt Commander and Sig 1911 Ultra both in 45 ACP.

5. red ryder

red ryder New Member

I have been buying ammo from on-line dealers (don't know if I can mention who) for quite a while. I stick with Federal, Fiocci, Sellier & Bellot because I have had no issues with their cartridges. I did look into re-loading, but after watching friends who re-load, I decided it was not something I cared to do. I have heard that some brands of ammo are dirty, and Les Baer himself warned me to stay clear of WWB. He uses Federal American Eagle in his factory. I have found that the on-line dealers usually have what I want in stock and so I will continue to purchase from them.