Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Prisoner of the highway Ridgerunner665's Avatar
    I haven't tried any Benchmark...I'm trying to find uses for all that powder I bought while I was experimenting...I hated the AA2230 until I tried it with those 50 Grain Noslers.

I first tried Varget with them...but it didn't give me enough speed to even check the accuracy...27 grains of (completely stuffed case) Varget only got 2,800 fps with a 50 grain bullet.

Next I tried Reloder 10x...it was better...but still not what I was looking for.
    I haven't tried the Reloder 15 with them yet...and probably won't because its even slower burning than Varget.

I am going to get a pound of AA2460...maybe today...its supposed to be ever so slightly slower burning than 2230, and cooler burning too...easier on the barrel.

I am looking into getting a RRA Varmint A4 upper with a 20 inch stainless barrel....that should be fun...and about 1/2 the price of the Remington XCR Compact Tactical (bolt action) I was looking at.
    I want some cooler running loads for the stainless target barrel...those will be another thread...showing 5 shot 100 yard groups covered with a dime...I hope...if everything goes right.
    Last edited by Ridgerunner665; 06-28-08 at 12:38 AM.
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

The new Hornady manual has a section just of the AR15 (as well as the M1A and M1 Garand)
    From my cold dead hands.
    If it ain't a Colt it's a copy.

Hi guys,

I know this thread is a bit old now, but I just read it for the first time, and thought I might be able to add something useful.

Here are two screen shots I obtained from a US Army TM manual for the M193 55gr ammo and the M855 62gr ammo. I hope it helps, but then again maybe you guys have already seen this. Anyway, if I did this right, you should see two pics below

Does anyone know the type of propellant they are using? It shows WC844.
    Last edited by leelee; 12-01-08 at 06:50 PM.

There is also a HIGH PRESSURE TEST cartridge that is used to test the M16 rifle. This is more of a proof testing round, and NOT intended to be used as a "normal" round.

THIS ROUND IS FOR PRESSURE TESTING BY THE DOD!!!!

I know this is an older thread, but Ridgerunner you should try Benchmark. I quit using Varget to save it for my .308 loads. My Bushy predator and M4gery both run great with light to heavy 77smk's with Benchmark in the AR platform.

Prisoner of the highway Ridgerunner665's Avatar
    I did try Benchmark, but couldn't get the speed I wanted with it. I never did find anything better than RL15.

Thanks for the tip though...
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Ads