Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The original Detonics (which Tipoc's is) claimed it was to aid with cocking if carried with the hammer down.
    Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, don't give them a tomorrow.

OD,
    Thank you for the answer. I still don't really get it (I understand what you are saying, I just don't really see much benefit). It looks kind of funny, but at the same time, kind of neat and custom.

Quote Originally Posted by donkey77 View Post
    OD,
    Thank you for the answer. I still don't really get it (I understand what you are saying, I just don't really see much benefit). It looks kind of funny, but at the same time, kind of neat and custom.
    I tend to agree with you, I've never carried with the hammer down on the 1911 platform, not even when I had a couple of the Combat Master's. I sure wish I still had them, Tipoc's beautiful example brings back fond memories.
    Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.

Dan , how big is that gun compared to a Mustang? How ya been. Miss seeing ya around.

The Combat Master's are about the size of a Colt Officers ACP if you were to shorten the grip frame by one round. Been good, working more now the hunting season has started. Howza 'bout you?

Here are the two I just got Duracoated after many years of shooting pleasure and abuse.

Donkey,

Sorry I never got back to you on the Detonics and the sloping rear, OD about got it.

Below is a little of the history of the guns by one of the developers.

http://www.biggerhammer.net/detonics..._patyates.html

The Combat Master was the first subcompact 1911 based gun put into regular production in the U.S. The fellas who developed it had several problems to solve. Their aim was to produce a small simple carry piece that could be carried in a pocket if needed. This was in the 70s and there were no other guns of it's type other than a few custom ones.

They decided, for simplicity and reliability, to delete the grip safety. They redesigned the hammer (they went through several designs) to prevent hammer bite by abbreviating the spur and giving it a higher profile. To aid in cocking the redesigned hammer they sloped the rear of the slide. This also reduced weight a bit.

One of the designers regularly carried Condition 2 in a pocket so it was easy to simply say that the design aided this. A little more to it than that though.

tipoc

Thanks

Danao 1911 cal. .45

Hello friends.
    Just like to show off this Danao 1911 cal.45. Its made by backyard gunsmiths in a small town called Danao, in my country (Philippines). This is our counterpart for the American junk guns. But this one works.

That's one of the better looking counterfeits.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ads